Mon, 21 Oct|
Bike to School Week
All Pedal Ready trained schools are invited to join Bike to School week
Time & Location
21 Oct 2019, 8:30 am – 25 Oct 2019, 3:00 pm
Wellington region, Wellington, New Zealand
About The Event
All Pedal Ready trained schools are invited to join in Bike to School Week 2019 from 21-25 October.
Share your stories and photos to @bikegreaterwelly (Facebook or Instagram) using #bike2school to be in to win great prizes!
Students can take part individually or as a school or group.
Bike to School Week 2019 is a free, fun, week-long celebration for students who have taken part in Pedal Ready training.
School participation in Bike to School Week enhances sustainability curriculum, builds community, and highlights the benefits of active transportation - like less congestion and healthy, energised students.
How can your school get involved?
• Put up a poster display and share info with whānau
• Post on Facebook and in newsletters that your school is biking this week
• Get a student bike or ‘wheels’ committee going
• Hold mini activations such as a bike fix up with parent volunteers, or give out stickers, stamps or passport cards for those who bike
• Set up a cycling school train (like a walking school bus but with bikes!) with whānau/community volunteers
• Talk to your TA about holding a Milo breakfast or getting goodies!
• Share the safety flyer for students provided
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information